Z is for Princess Zinaida Nikolaievna Yusopova
Born on September 2nd, 1861 in Saint Petersburg, Russia
Died on November 24th, 1939 in Paris, France
- She was the only child of one of the wealthiest families in Russia. Not only was she wealthy, she was regarded as one of the most beautiful in the court.
- She married Count Felix Nikolaievich Sumarokov-Elston.
- Her older son Nikolai was killed in a dual in 1908 and her younger son was responsible for killing Rasputin.
- She and her husband (also her remaining son and daughter in law) were able to escape the revolution and lived in Rome. After her husband died, she moved to France.
- She raised her granddaughter Irina (who was also Tsar Nicholas’ grandniece) until she was nine years old.